We are Hiring!
Exciting news – we are expanding and are in need of another full time graphic designer!
This person must be a goal-oriented individual who possesses high integrity, strong organizational background, and wishes to apply their skills in a unique, high energy, positive team environment. Successful candidates must be self-starters interested in growing professionally/personally, with a positive attitude, a genuine interest in people, and excellent interpersonal skills.
We work in a PC environment. You must know the difference between RGB, CYMK, and spot colouring as it applies to design and printing. The ability to adapt to changes is essential. You must be fast and accurate in typing. Strong layout and composition skills are a must.
You must be capable of using the following programs:
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
Knowledge in the following would be a great asset:
• Corel Draw
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Publisher
Experience with the following would also be a great asset:
• Digital / Offset Presses
• Working with a team (designers, clients, project managers and web developers) to create compelling and effective printed and web materials.
• May be required to drive offsite on occasion to meet with clients.
• May be required to assist with printing / production as time allows.
• Receive phone calls from customers as needed.
• Establish and maintain relationships with a specific client base.
• Organize, plan, and prioritize work.
• Make decisions and solve problems.
• Make suggestions to clients about additional products or services that would benefit them.
• Have a degree in Graphic Design
• You must be proficient in graphic design software
• Have experience with design elements and principles
• Have knowledge of advertising and layouts for design
• Be able to think creatively
• You will need to be able to format multiple page layouts
• Have strong layout / composition skills
• Independence, willingness to learn and problem solving skills are a must.
• Must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment, tight deadlines, and new challenges
• Have a willingness to learn and adjust to change
• Ability to communicate and work as part of a team
• Be able to type quickly and accurately
• Good personal and telephone skills
• Be able to express ideas clearly (in English) when speaking or writing
• Be confident making suggestions to clients
• Must meet deadlines and quotas
• Must be sure that all details of the job are done so that clients are satisfied with their work
• Must be very exact in their work while calculating various design related fees
• The job is from 9am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. We are closed on the weekend.
• Very rarely, you may be required to come in a bit early, stay late, or come in on a Saturday in order to meet customer goals or deadlines. You will never be required to work on Sundays.
Please deliver or e-mail your resume and portfolio to:
Van Pelt’s Design Plus – Attn: Sarah
800 Talbot Street, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 1E2